A prestigious place in a green setting
Lying right in the heart of Goëlo, a miscellany of Brittany between the land and the sea, the Marquis of Boisgelin invites you to come and share the magic of his 450-hectare estate, belonging to the De Boisgelin family since 1166.
As well as the hotel-restaurant chateau, the estate is also home to a manor which is featured on the historic monuments register (ISMH), a large area of protected woodland (ZNIEFF – zone of floristic, faunal and ecological value), a number of hiking and cycle paths, as well as a golf course which combine to make this green, unspoilt idyll a truly exceptional setting.
Just a stone’s throw away from many sites of interest, the chateau boasts a fabulous location for local tourism :
- Paimpol and its picturesque port, marked by the history of the Terre Neuvas fishermen.
- The island of Bréhat and its extraordinary plant-life.
- The maritime abbey of Beauport offers 800 years-worth of history.
- The cliffs at Plouha are the highest in Brittany.
- The valleys of Argoat, a largely agricultural area, is also full of history and local tradition around the Château de La Roche Jagu.
Just to mention a few…